By choosing AFL (Fleet Management) Ltd we understand that you have placed a great deal of trust in AFL (Fleet Management) Ltd. We also know that you will want all personal information that you submit to us to be kept as private and as secure as possible. For your peace of mind, here’s how we will and will not use the personal information you give us.
By entering your personal information in the AFL Group web site, you accept that we may retain your information and it may be held by AFL (Fleet Management) Ltd or by any third party company which processes it on our behalf.
What we collect and why
The information we gather from customers helps us to continually improve the service we offer to our customers.
When you use the AFL (Fleet Management) Ltd service, there are different ways we gather information about you:
- When you register with us, we ask for information such as your name, e-mail address, contact numbers, etc and – if you place an order – your address, employment and bank details. We keep a record of this information. All this is necessary for us to recognise you as a registered customer and to fulfil the orders you place with us.
- We keep a record of the cars you lease through our service, which means we can deal a lot quicker with any problems you may experience with your contract(s) and/or vehicle(s).
- We may keep a record of e-mail correspondence you send us. This helps us keep track of your likes and dislikes and any problems or concerns you’ve had with our products or services.
- Telephone calls made to our Customer Service Helpline may be recorded for monitoring and quality control purposes.
How We Use Your Personal Information
All the information we collect via our website or through correspondence with you is used to operate and improve the service we offer you. We are committed to using your personal information only for:
- Dealing with orders and accounts for the supply of our services and related products.
- Monitoring and improving the AFL (Fleet Management) Ltd website and our services.
- Planning and managing AFL (Fleet Management) Ltd business activities, including analysing customers’ shopping habits and preferences.
- Enabling third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
- Conducting market research including statistical analysis of customer behaviour which we may disclose to third parties in depersonalised, aggregated form.
- Providing you with information about the products and services we offer.
- Providing you with periodic communications (this may be by post, telephone, SMS, email or as part of your AFL (Fleet Management) Ltd vehicle delivery) about features, products, services, events, promotions and special offers. Such communications from AFL (Fleet Management) Ltd might include advertising for or offers from third parties. If you wish to withdraw your consent from receiving these communications you can do so by informing us in writing.
- Enabling our debt collection agency to collect payment from you should that be necessary.
- Preventing and detecting fraud or abuses of our website.
- Allowing us to comply with any requirements imposed on AFL (Fleet Management) Ltd by law or court order.
When we share your personal information
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we do not sell or rent your information to anyone else to enable them to send you direct marketing unless you agree otherwise. However, there are circumstances where it is necessary for us to share personal information in order for us to provide our customers with the AFL (Fleet Management) Ltd service. At all times where we use or disclose your information it will remain secure.
The circumstances where we may share some of your information with others are described below:
Third Party Service Providers
We use a number of other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. For example we engage companies to analyse customer information, provide marketing assistance, process credit card payments. We also engage agents including credit reference agencies, fraud prevention and detection agencies and debt collection agencies that we use to process the orders you place with us or who assist us in the service we provide to you. In these instances, we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function.
Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of AFL (Fleet Management) Ltd customers on behalf of other businesses. We will not permit other businesses to contact AFL (Fleet Management) Ltd customers directly and all such promotional offers will come via AFL (Fleet Management) Ltd. If you wish to withdraw your consent from receiving these communications you can do so by informing us in writing.
Protection of AFL (Fleet Management) Ltd and others
We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, to enforce our Terms and Conditions and other agreements or protect the rights, property or safety of AFL (Fleet Management) Ltd, our trading brands, our customers or others.
Cookies and Online Marketing Management Tools
Cookies are small text files that web sites can send to your computer. A cookie can be thought of as an internet user’s identification card, which tells a web site when the user has returned. Cookies are not computer programs, and can’t read other information saved on your hard drive. They cannot be used to disseminate viruses, or get a user’s e-mail address etc. They only
contain and transfer to the web site as much information as the users themselves have disclosed to that web site.
The European Union Directive on Privacy and Electronic Communications (the “Directive”), which came into force on 31st July 2002, recognises that cookies are a “legitimate and useful tool” for many activities, including verifying the identity of web site users. The Directive makes it compulsory for web sites to inform users if cookies are being used, and to provide some information on how cookies are used. You can obtain more information on this subject at aboutcookies.org. Finally, the Directive places an obligation on web sites to make users aware that they can set their computers to reject cookies. You will find the instructions on how to do this at aboutcookies.org. However, you should be aware that the AFL (Fleet Management) Ltd website may not work correctly without cookies.
Security and Data Retention
Security is very important to AFL (Fleet Management) Ltd and we use sophisticated technology to ensure that your information is protected at all times. Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology is used for protection of information in transit for any sensitive transactions such as bank details. Additional security procedures are in place to protect the confidentiality and integrity of your information.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when using a shared computer.
Fraudsters create authentic looking, but false or “spoof” websites. Their purpose is to tempt users to enter personal information to be re-used to try and access your bank accounts. Fraudsters are increasingly turning to email to generate traffic to these websites. Recently customers of several financial institutions have received such emails and this activity is only likely to increase. Such emails typically contain a link to a spoof website and advise account holders to enter user names and passwords so that security details can be updated or passwords changed.
If you get any email containing an embedded link and a request for you to enter any personal details, treat it as suspicious and do not input any personal information, even if the page appears legitimate. No reputable company ever sends emails of this type.
Data over the Internet
The internet is a global network – therefore there are cases where your data travels internationally, which may include places outside the European Union. We want you to know that if you visit or order a car through the AFL (Fleet Management) Ltd service, you’re agreeing and authorising us to process data this way.